Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Blog Update - and request for photographs

I am off to the Current Research in Egyptology IX conference tomorrow (Wednesday 9th - better late than never, and thanks to Jacky from CRE for making it happen at all, because I forgot to register). I will be back at the weekend.

If anyone has any good photographs of Egypt to share with blog visitors, particularly photos that offer slightly different views, unusual subjects, artefacts from obscure museums, or sites that are off the beaten track, I would welcome them very much indeed for the Daily Photo slot. I am running out of digital photographs, which means that to provide sufficient photos I will need to start scanning photographs taken on film - not only does it mean carrying out a serious excavation beneath my spare bed to dig out the necessary photo albums, but I really don't have the time to do the scanning right now. I will of course give full credit to whoever submits photographs.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

My name is Page and I've been reading your blog for quite some time. I am an undergraduate student working towards a specialized major in Archaeology. Currently, I am studying abroad in Egypt and am currently in the Dakhleh Oasis studying ancient Egyptian history. In February we will be excavating at Graeco-Roman sites.

I have created a webpage for the photos I am taking and will update the site periodically. Feel free to use any of the photos you see...

http://gallery.mac.com/page.strong#100022

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a undergrad student of Archaeology in Sweden. I have a passion for Egyptology and have been reading your blog every now and then for a long time.
I just came back from a holiday in Egypt, and if I find something useful among my pics, I'll definitely share them with you.
I really appreciate your blog, keep up the excellent work!

/Lina