Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year



I would like to wish everyone a peaceful and enjoyable 2009.

I started this blog in March 2004 as a solo project but over the years it has become something of a joint project with Kat Newkirk, who has had her own problems recently, and over the last year Ben Morales-Correa has jumped in to help. We have become a very good team, for which my thanks and appreciation. Let's hope that 2009 produces some excellent Egyptology stories for us to report!

Any of the visitors to this blog who know me will know that the latter half of 2008 was a distinctly miserable time for my family. My mother died in late November after a long and painful illness, and my grandmother died a week later. I would just like to send, with my love, a broad but most sincere thank-you to everyone who sent and/or thought good wishes over the last couple of months. Truly appreciated.


6 comments:

Ben Morales-Correa said...

Let's move on to 2009, remember our sad moments, grow stronger on them, help others less fortunate and make this a better year.

Anonymous said...

Dear Andie,

Yes, I agree with Beb. But I also need to thank Diane Leeman of Australia. Without her help these last few weeks I'd have been unable to fulfill my commitments to everyone.

Oh, I hope and pray that this year is better for all of us!

Love,

kat

Anonymous said...

Wishing you peace, hope and love to last throughout the year. And many thanks for your blog !!
Kind regards from Germany

Anonymous said...

You have a great blog. thank you for your efforts. Now if we can get you some help besides kat.

Anonymous said...

To all of you, I wish happy 2009!

To me, I wish a year not worse than 2008: this should be enough for me and I'd be glad if it was true....

Anonymous said...

happy new years to you to. may you have a great and spectacular year
good article.