Kate and I are looking for more articles for future editions of Egyptological in all sections (Journal, Journal Reviews, Magazine, Magazine Reviews and In Brief). Your photos are also very welcome for a Photo Album.
Although we are particularly looking for papers and articles we also welcome shorter pieces. Are you going to an exhibition? There are several on at the moment around the world - I am particularly envious of anyone going to Before the Pharaohs in Chicago. We would very much welcome exhibition reviews. And if you have been to a conference, course, seminar or study day we would love to hear what you made of it. Likewise, if you have watched a DVD or TV documentary on a subject dealing with Ancient Egypt our readers would like to hear your summary and hear your opinion.Book reviews are also very welcome. They don't have to be recently released books - people are always making decisions about book whether purchases, recent or older. If you have just read, or are planning to read, an Egyptology book we would be very interested in publishing your review.
Full details on how to contribute articles or photos are available on our website - see the Participate pages.
You can ask questions, start discussions or join in existing discussions on our Discussion page, and in response to any articles or photo albums.
You can get in touch with us both at founders [at] egyptological dot com, or give me a yell at the usual address.
A selection of our most recent posts:
- Shabtis in Croatian Private Collections and Museums
- The sAb in the Old Kingdom: a consideration of the title within the scope of a prosopographic study
- Article Review: Topos and Mimesis – Ancient Egyptian perceptions of Ethnicity
- Ancient Egyptian Religion, Part 1
- Reflections of Eternity – An Overview on Egyptian Mirrors from Prehistory to the New Kingdom
- Bloggers, Antiquities and Egypt’s Revolution
- Eye of Ra, Eye of Horus
- Dating the Predynastic, Part 2
- Dating the Predynastic, Part 1
- Book Review: The Complete Valley of the Kings
- Notes on the Osireion, Abydos
- Book Review: Ritual and Religion in Ancient Egypt by Emily Teeter
- A Few Thoughts about Duality and the Desert
- The Geese of Meidym
- The Rekhyt
- Gantenbrink's Door - Part 1: The Original Discovery
- Television Review: Egypt's Lost Cities
- Studying Hieroglyphs Online - Some Observations
- Book Review: Description de L'Egypte (Taschen)
- Book Review: Lost Women of Amarna
- Book Review: House of Eternity - the Tomb of Nefertari
- Book Review: Treasures of Ancient Egypt - From the Egyptian Museum in Cairo
- Decoration in the Osirieon
- The Osireion
- Photographs of Egypt
- Photos from the Louvre
- Photos from the British Museum
- Photos from the temple of Seti I, Abydos
- Sphinx photos
- Egyptian Museum Exterior