Monday, March 15, 2010

Excavations in the Valley of the Kings

drhawass.com (Zahi Hawass)

A summary of the work currently being carried out in four areas of the Valley of the Kings. Two of the areas excavated - Nick Reeves's proposed site for "KV-64" and another possible tomb location proposed by Lyla Brock - both failed to produce results. However some interesting minor discoveries were made in the cliffs behind the tombs and there is hope that a new tomb will be discovered in the area known as the Valley of the Monkeys. See the above page for the full report.

2 comments:

Alice said...

I am so sick about hearing about the "first all Egyptian team". Every time he says something. But at least this time he used WE instead of I. He might be learning a bit.

Jukka said...

I am happy to hear that I am not the only one who things that way.

I honestly don't think that he cares at all about egyptology or global heritage, only thing he cares is his publicity and his power.