Thursday, February 18, 2010

Photo for Today - Medinet Habu

I'm afraid that you're going to have to wait until I'm back in London for the remainder of Lucia's terrific Amarna photographs. Instead, the next ones will be a selection from my laptop - which now has more than desert photographs!

As today's lead post is about Medinet Habu I decided to go with a couple of very small photographs of the temple, taken in 2002. Sorry that they cannot be expanded, but if anyone particularly wishes to see a bigger copy/ copies let me know and I'll re-scan them when I return to London.







3 comments:

kat newkirk said...

Ooh! A lioness goddess! Is this Wadjet? Do your larger pics show more of the glyphs? And the lion! He's wonderful, too- is he part of a hunting scene? Thank you for these, I'll add them to my collection if I may.

Andie said...

Hello Kat. I'll dig the originals out when I'm at home. I moved over to digital in 2004 but these were taken in 2002 on film and are standard 6x4 prints. They're in an album so I'll dig them out when I get home and scan them for you. I should think that it is possible that the lion goddess does include some hieroglyphs because it looks very much as though I cropped the photo quite heavily.

I've had a rumble through the books my father has but nothing covers Medinet Habu in any detail so I'll look up the goddess when I get home.

I've tried to find out more about the lion scene before without any luck - and I simply cannot recall whereabouts I was when I took the photo (which would help!).

A visit to Luxor to retake some of these photographs is obviously necessary! :-)

Andie said...

PS - yes of course add them to your collection. You know that you're more than welcome to use any of my stuff Kat!