Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blog Update

Just a quick note to apologise for the fact that the blog was not updated today.

I've spent the best part of the day trying to save 300 local trees from developers in my immediate neighbourhood in London by standing under them to stop them being felled. Barratt Homes, the developer, haven't even secured final planning permission yet! I never saw myself as a wild-haired tree-saver, but there I was with my camera and my muddy trainers standing under 25 year old trees so that they couldn't be chopped down, very wild haired in the wind and the rain before returning home to update our action group's website. Just don't mention Barratt Homes to me if you see me in the next few weeks because I'm not quite sane on the subject.

I'm up at the university all day tomorrow and will probably be saving trees again on Friday. So I'll be updating the blog again on Friday night or Saturday morning.

Best wishes
Andie


8 comments:

Timothy Reid said...

Keep up the great work Andie!

Anonymous said...

I hope the trees get saved. (I love them as well. Birds love them too, and I love birds, too.)
Thanks for your noble efforts

Geoff Carter said...

Go to it, you go get the bast***ds, I hate my species sometimes, they have been at this tree killing lark since the neolithic, it time it stopped, there is so few of them left.

Anonymous said...

Hope you succeed and that you have help in your efforts. This happens here in California all the time and once in a while the protesters prevail. Give 'em hell!

Anonymous said...

Well done, Andie!

In this world, people are rising (almost 6.8 billions) and trees are destroied...by people.

I'm glad to have no sons....

Andie said...

Thanks so much to everyone for the support! The trees are still standing and it looks as though they will stay that way for the time being.

Anonymous said...

Great work! I hope the final score is Andie & Trees: 100, Developers: 0

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos, i really enjoyed them....keep being creative